Ronaldo explains why he chose to join Al Nassr.
Cristiano Ronaldo has spoken about his move to Al-Nassr.
The 37-year-old’s transfer to the Saudi Arabian club was confirmed on Friday.
Ronaldo has put pen to paper on a contract until the summer of 2025.
It is believed he will receive $75million per year.
“I am excited to experience a new football league in a different country.
“The vision of what Al Nassr are doing and developing in Saudi Arabia both in terms of men’s and women’s football is very inspiring. We can see from Saudi Arabia’s recent performance at the World Cup that this is a country with big football ambitions and a lot of potential.
“I am fortunate that I have won everything I set out to win in European football and feel now that this is the right moment to share my experience in Asia. I am looking forward to joining my new teammates and together with them help the Club to achieve success,” Ronaldo said.
Ronaldo forced his way out of Old Trafford last month, mutually terminating his contract following a contentious TV interview.
Sources told ESPN that the 37-year-old trained alone at Real Madrid’s Valdebebas training ground earlier this month as he prepared to make a decision on his future following Portugal’s exit from the World Cup.